“Quieting in the Home” Reprinted by SSPCO
Previously reprinted by the EPA as ”Quieting: A Practical Guide to Noise Control”. 120 Pages, 8.5″ X 11″ Profusely illustrated. Technically accurate, yet simple and non-technical. A Super Soundproofing manual, Now Available, A re-reprint of the popular soundproofing manual that was excerpted by the EPA from their National Bureau of Standards Handbook. Out of print when their budget was cancelled, we’ve created a E-book and are making it available just for the cost of printing and postage!
Want some soundproofing materials samples with it? Go Here!
NEW!! Download it! Or save on shipping by purchasing our Adobe format e-book version (not a crappy scanned copy), with all illustrations of “Quieting in the Home”. (5.14MB). You will have instant access to our download area immediately after purchase!
Even Newer! Simplify printing it! Get it on CD- Postpaid! Just $9.50 and we give you extras!
Want the fancy “Hardcover” Version? (Paperback) at Amazon.com) [GO]
Order on your credit card from a secure server
Table of Contents: “Basic Principals of Noise Reduction.”
- Noise Control at the Source
- Source-Path-Receiver Concept
- Requirements for Quiet Operation
- Noise Control in the Transmission Path
- Factors Affecting Travel of Sound
- “Quieting” in the Path
- Protecting the Receiver
- Noise Control at Home
- Transmission of Airborne and Structural Noise
- The “Sounding Board” effect
- Flanking Noise Transmission
- General Solutions for Noise Control in the Home
- Sound Absorption VS Sound Insulation
- Kitchen Noise
- Recreation or Playrooms
- Corridors, Halls Staircases
- Improving the Privacy of your bedroom, Story and Bath Area
- Improving the Sound insulation of Walls
- Improving the Sound insulation of Floor-Ceiling Construction
- Control of Floor Squeaking
- Control of Stair Squeaking
- Control of Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning System Noise
- Control of Duct Noise
- Steam Heat Noise
- Noise from Baseboard Heating Systems
- Control of Plumbing Noise
- Control of Noise from Rain Gutters and Drain spouts
- How to Insulate Your Home Against Outdoor Noise
- Selecting A Quiet Home or Apartment
- A Trouble-Shooting Guide
- Analyzing the Problem
- How to Look for Noise Leaks
- Using your Ears – A Cheap Noise Meter
- Use Home Appliances as Diagnostic Tools
- Common Noise Complaints, Likely Causes and Solutions
- General Noise Abatement Techniques
- Indexed catalog of Specific Noise Problems and Remedies
- This out-of-print manual has long been the practical handbook for many involved in sound/noise control. Specifics include Using sound absorbing materials and their STC ratings. Reflection, reverberation and diffraction. Appliances, motors, generators. Construction, home office and industry. Aircraft noise, birds, dogs barking and much more with illustrations!
- We enclose some small acoustical materials samples and our own addendum about using resilient channels for maximum sound reduction and minimum costs!